Heal From And Prevent Work Injury With Help From Our Newark Chiropractor Team At Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, DE
Dr. Kristina Hollstein and Dr. Gregory Serge are a powerful Newark chiropractor team and have dedicated their careers to helping people discover natural healing techniques for a variety of conditions. At Diamond State Chiropractic, many of our patients come to following an injury sustained on the job.
Common Examples of Work Injury And Their Causes
A work injury can occur whether you sit all day or are frequently on your feet (e.g., lifting heavy objects and operating machinery). In addition to being too sedentary or performing physical labor, other work injury factors include:
- Poor ergonomics (the way your work environment is set up, especially your desk)
- Poor posture
- Weakness and flexibility limitations
- Poor nutrition
- High stress/poor coping mechanisms
A work injury can also happen in the absence of known risk factors—for instance, if you sustain a sudden slip or fall, or if you're involved in an auto accident. Common injuries we see include:
- Tech neck
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back pain
- Plantar fasciitis
All of these conditions are associated with a variety of symptoms, including pain, swelling, tenderness, weakness, joint instability, and more.
How Chiropractic Care Can Alleviate Work Injury
First things first: our chiropractors want to assess your body mechanics, posture, flexibility, core strength, sleep habits, and other issues to figure out if there are hidden factors causing your work injury. We'll address these through things like lifestyle counseling, corrective exercises, and orthotics.
We can also alleviate your work injury through other non-invasive and drug-free services that will reduce pain and swelling, soothe inflammation, and speed healing. Such services may include chiropractic adjustments, massage, and nutritional counseling.
Tips to Avoid a Work Injury
- Ask a Newark chiropractor about your "ideal" posture and how to achieve it more often within your daily life.
- Don't sit all day! Try to stand up and take a walk at least one to two times per hour.
- Consider investing in an adaptable standing desk option.
- Bend your knees and keep your back straight when lifting objects. Ask for help or use tools if you need to.
- Keep frequently used objects within close reach.
- Put your computer monitor at eye level and keep it one arm's distance away from you.
- Avoid holding a desk phone in the crook of your neck; consider getting a hands-free headset instead, or use your smartphone with headphones or a speaker set.
Are You Stuck With a Work Injury? Visit Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, DE for Help Today
Contact our Newark chiropractor staff to find out what makes us different and how we can help you recover from a work injury ASAP.