Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain With Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, DE
Shoulder pain makes work harder to complete and makes sleeping, socializing, and exercising an unpleasant experience. If you're experiencing shoulder pain, the best thing for you to do is visit a chiropractor. At Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, we'll determine the cause of your pain and create a treatment plan that will be most effective at addressing your shoulder injury.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
Whether it's from exercising, recreation, or working, damaging your shoulder usually leads to one of these injuries:
- Dislocated shoulder. A dislocated shoulder is one of the worst shoulder injuries, and it is a result of severe impact or twisting. It's commonly caused by impact sports such as football or fighting sports such as wrestling.
- Strains and sprains. Overuse or overextension of your arm and shoulder can lead to strains or sprains.
- Tendinitis. Overuse of your arm and shoulder can also lead to your tendons getting inflamed or irritated. Symptoms of tendinitis include mild swelling, tenderness, and a dull ache.
- Rotator cuff injury. Your arm is held in your shoulder by a series of muscles and tendons known as a rotator cuff. Overuse of your shoulder can cause your rotator cuff to get injured. Rotator cuff injuries are commonly the result of repetitive overhead motions, such as painting, pitching, and construction work.
- Shoulder bursitis. There are fluid-filled sacs in your joints called bursae. Overuse of your shoulder can lead to these sacs bursting, which causes inflammation, swelling, and pain.
- Frozen shoulder. Doctors aren't sure why this happens, but sometimes connective tissues can tighten. When it happens in your shoulder, it leads to a condition called frozen shoulder. This condition makes it hard or even impossible for you to move your shoulder.
Chiropractic Treatments for Shoulder Pain
There are many ways in which our chiropractors can relieve your shoulder pain. First, we'll evaluate your symptoms to determine the cause of your pain. Then we'll create a treatment plan that will most effectively address your pain. This treatment plan may include chiropractic adjustments, corrective exercises, physical therapy, or other treatments. We'll make sure that not only is your pain relieved, but also that the cause of your pain is eliminated.
Contact Diamond State Chiropractic In Newark, DE Today
To schedule an appointment with a Diamond State Chiropractic doctor, call us today at (302) 892-9355. Our chiropractic team is compassionate and friendly and will help you feel at ease while also helping you get rid of your pain. We've served patients in Newark, DE for over 25 years and look forward to helping you as well. We hope to hear from you soon.