At Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, DE, you’ll find a team of healthcare professionals dedicated to helping patients recover from pain. We can also educate our patients about injury prevention. We understand how difficult it is to enjoy life while you’re suffering with pain from an injury or accident. It’s our mission to treat patients so that they may enjoy the best possible life they can. We know that participating in sports can bring an incredible amount of enjoyment but as everyone knows sports injuries are common.
Many sports injuries are repetitive motion injuries. Repetitive and excessive use of the joints can result in pain and injury. Two of the most common types of repetitive motion injuries are bursitis and tendonitis.
- Tendonitis: Tendons connect muscle and bone and allow for mobility of the joints. When the joints are being used excessively, the point of connection between the tendon and the bone can become inflamed and cause joint pain. Forms of tendonitis can show up in the shoulder as shoulder pain, in the elbow (tennis elbow), the hips and the knees. Golf, tennis, and swimming are some of the sports that can cause tendonitis.
- Bursitis: This is an inflammation of a bursa sac which is attached to your musculoskeletal system to help with movement. This condition can arise from repetitive motion in sports.
- High Impact Injury: Football, hockey, and basketball are sports that may cause high impact injury to the body. This can cause the spine to fall out of alignment, which can place pressure on nerves along the spinal cord. This might send pain to various parts of the body. Sudden impact can also cause whiplash. This is when the head is forcefully thrust in one direction and then suddenly thrust back into the opposite direction. Both of these conditions can be treated by a chiropractor using manual manipulation of the spine.
Posture and Natural Degeneration
Posture and age-related conditions can also contribute to your pain:
- Poor posture can cause the spine to become misaligned. This places pressure on the nerves along the spine and sends pain messages throughout the body. We work with our patients to correct poor posture in daily living as well as while participating in sports, so that injury may be prevented.
- It may be difficult for young people who are active and healthy to completely appreciate their healthy bodies. Over time, though, bodies change. We can take the time to educate our patients about injury prevention during the aging process.
Get Chiropractic Care from a Chiropractor on Our Team for Shoulder Pain and Joint Pain
Call us at Diamond State Chiropractic in Newark, DE, today. If you’re struggling with back pain, shoulder pain, or other joint pain from a sports injury, we can help you with chiropractic care. Call us at (302) 892-9355 for more information.